Government Engineering College, Bharuch
Electronics and Communication Department
Assignment 1 : Fundamental of Image Processing (8th Semester)
Last date to submit : 12 – 4 – 14
- Explain basic processes involved in generation of digital image. Explain different digital image file formats
- Explain sampling, quantization and bit-planes of gray scale images with examples.
- Define the following terms with respect to image.
Neighbor of a pixel, adjacency, resolution of an image, nearest neighbor interpolation, connectivity, digital image, image negative.
- Explain basic difference between point processing and mask processing. Generating negative image is point process or mask process? Explain Pseudo code for the generation of negative image for 256 gray level digital image.
- Explain importance of histogram in image processing. Explain Pseudo code to calculate histogram. Explain histogram equalization.
- Given histograms (a) and (b), modify the histogram of image (a) as per the histogram of image (b)
|No. of Pixel||790||1023||850||656||329||245||122||81|
|No. of Pixel||0||0||0||614||819||1230||819||614|
- What do you mean by gray level slicing and bit plane slicing? Explain brief. Consider the image given below. Obtain the new image if we set…
1. Lower order two bit plane to zero.
2. Higher order two bit plane to zero.
- Segment the following image into two regions, clearly depicting the boundary based on the histogram.
- Sketch a piece-wise linear input-output characteristic with the corner points (0, 0), (100, 30), (200, 230), and (255, 255). Determine the output for the following input.