- Introduction to Management and Organizations Innovative management for Turbulent times Functions of management Planning, Organizing, Controlling and Leading Types of Managers Managerial Roles .
- Management history Schools of Management Scientific management The Behavioral Approach The Systems approach The contingency approach
- Organizational Structure and Design Types of structures Work specialization Departmentalization Chain of Command Span of Control Centralization and Decentralization Formalization .
- Organizational Culture and Environment Concept of culture and its importance Attributes of culture How does culture affect managers and employees
- Social responsibility and Managerial ethics Concept of corporate social responsibility and ethics Stakeholders and its management Ethical issues in management
1 ‘Management’ – Stephen P. Robbins, Mary Coulter, Neharika Vohra –
Pearson Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, Tenth edition
2 ‘Essentials of Management’, Koontz and Weihrich, Tata McGraw Hill, 2004,
3 Essentials of management – Adrew J. Durbrin, India edition, 7th Edition,
Thomson – South Western
4 Principles of Management, Charles WL Hill and Steven L McSane, The
McGraw Hill Companies, 2008
5 Principles of Management, Richard L. Daft, Cengage Learning, 2009